Corporate Communications – building a reputation for expertise
Independent commercial property agency Vail Williams needed to build brand profile and share of voice alongside bigger sector players. Continued business growth was the core objective. To support its entry into high-value and long-term contracts, Vail Williams needed to define and showcase its pedigree.
Key project information
We were tasked to deliver:
- Brand positioning and key messaging
- Media relations across property trade media and key regional media
- A blended approach to build momentum and market presence
- Placing regular, proactive success stories as corporate news items
- Driving thought leadership opportunities to reflect deeper specialist sector knowledge
- Delivering reactive comment around breaking news opportunities across national, regional and vertical sector trade media
- Providing proactive editorial input for planned feature opportunities in key media
- Developing relevant ‘thought starter’ themes – using our knowledge of issues across planning, property and investment, including insight into Government activity and parliamentary affairs
- Identifying Vail Williams key spokespeople, and supporting in the form of media training, briefings and preparation for media opportunities
How we assisted
From the outset of our four-year public relations partnership, we drove Vail Williams beyond small, regional news stories into the reputation-building realm – demonstrating the quality expertise and experience of its people across key specialist services, including planning consultancy, asset management and investment, valuation, lease advisory, and business rates.
We kick-started activity by clearly defining Vail Williams’ brand position and associated messages and deployed these as the foundation for the public relations strategy – including all outputs and measures.
We introduced a blended PR solution for a careful balance between maintaining momentum and market presence through regular, proactive corporate success stories as news items, while also building thought leadership content to reflect deep, specialist sector knowledge. We worked in close partnership, developing thought leadership content, promoted this across traditional media and extended this across Vail Williams’ digital and social channels, via the company website as well as via corporate and personal LinkedIn platforms.
- Regular local, regional and trade coverage
- Higher and stronger profile of Vail Williams brand and service offering in press coverage
- Strong feature coverage, particularly in key titles Estates Gazette and Property Week
- Best Client Service Award at the South Coast Property Awards (13- July’17)
- Exceptional Client Service Award, Thames Valley Property Awards 2016
- VW were the property consultancy behind Southampton Business Park, which was named Business Park of the Year at the South Coast Property Awards 2016