We have been working alongside Goodman on two high profile sites in Coventry over the last five years. We have delivered consultation on four different applications, comprising industrial and residential proposals.
The site, formerly home to Jaguar, sits in a largely greenbelt area outside the City Centre and close to the historic village of Allesley, which is home to an active local community.
Key project information
- Lyons Park is a major industrial park in the historic Coundon Wedge part of Coventry and the former home of Jaguar, with permissions now in place for c. 800,000 sq. ft. of new development
- Previous applications had centered on delivering major B1/B8 uses in a variation to the existing outline permission, granted in 2009
- Most recent development was to deliver a European hub for a major company, comprising 60,000 sq. ft. of office space alongside 40,000 sq. ft. of warehouses. The building will contain £50m of investment in some of the most advanced technological automation anywhere in the world and create nearly 2,000 jobs.
How we assisted
We provided the following services on this high-profile development:
- Media relations, including dealing with BBC News and local Coventry press
- Management of community relations, including liaising with key groups opposed to the development
- Political advice and messaging to help deliver strong support across the Council, which led to a key Cabinet figure speaking in support at the committee.
The latest application was granted full planning permission in November 2016. Previous applications had been consented in 2015.