Lewisham Retail Park
The current site is a retail park in the centre of Lewisham, occupied by four retail tenants; Matalan, Mothercare, Sports Direct and Poundland, as well as a car park area and a service delivery yard. Lewisham Council designated this area of the town centre for new high-quality housing and mixed-use schemes.
We began work on the project in early 2016, working with Legal & General Property, Mace and Assael Architects to undertake a pre-application consultation process to seek the views of the local community and key stakeholders prior to submission.
Key project information
The proposals will deliver:
- 536 new homes, across seven buildings
- 20% affordable housing with a mixture of tenures
- An enhanced public realm and open space, with wider pedestrian routes
- High quality residential design, with over 3,500m2 of private amenity space for residents
- 5,000m2 of shared amenity space for residents (including a podium garden and roof terraces)
- Significant landscaping at street level
- Over 4,300m2 of high quality new commercial floorspace
How we assisted
We were appointed to undertake a pre-application consultation process to seek the views of the local community and key stakeholders prior to submission.
Throughout the pre-application phase, we worked with the wider project team, extensively engaging with local residents, community groups, Lewisham Council and statutory consultees. Following submission, we continued to undertake political and community engagement activities in the period leading up to the planning committee’s deliberation on the application.
We worked with Legal & General Property to secure planning approval for the mixed-use redevelopment of Lewisham Retail Park. Councillors on the planning committee were unanimous in their decision to grant approval in October 2017.